Strictly Come Dancing: Quarter Final Review.

Before we start, I totally forgot to do a review of last week! I was away at the weekend at a fundraising event and didn't watch the show till mid week, by that time it was coming up to the next show so I thought I’d give last week a miss!

So I've watched this weeks show and actually found it a little boring, maybe its because it is musicals week and I'm not a huge musical fan? Maybe it was the dances that didn't tickle my fancy?! Maybe its that Ed Balls is missing and his entertainment and spunk has gone too? I dunno!

Beginning with Ore and Joanne opening the show, I thought their performance was boring, it didn't grip me and I found myself daydreaming through it. I hate being negative about things but sometimes you just gotta! I haven't seen Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory so maybe I'm gunna look like a fool saying this, but whats with those giant flowers?! They were distracting, pointless and downright weird!! Sorry Ore but you deserved the bottom this week. I think he peaked too early and is now on the downward pathway to elimination.

Judge Rinder and Oksana, sadly but truthfully were always going into this week the weakest and the obvious couple to go next. That being said, even though I didn't like his dance, he gave it his all and I really believe when he says he has found true joy in dancing that he is sincere. You can see it in his face when he is on that dance floor. I hope he carries on dancing now he is no longer part of the show and maybe we will get to see him in the live tour?! 

Even my Louise and KevKev let me down a bit tonight, it was my joint favourite performance of the night but from watching their training footage through the week I expected more. I'm not sure what more I mean but I think it lacked a little something. Boy I feel like Craig writing this!!! Hopefully next week she will pull something out of the bag to get that 40 I think she needs!

My other favourite of the night was Claudia and Aj, I love The Lion King and really thought she upped her game this week. She is really trusting Aj now with lifts and her character is coming through now. Everyone is looking at Danny and Louise to be the last two standing but Claudia is sneaking in from behind now and I have a suspicion she might knock one of them out of the limelight pretty soon! Dark horse alert!

Miss Negative Nancy is back! I didn't like Danny and Oti this week. I found myself daydreaming again during their performance and the only bit I can remember is that section where the professionals danced along with them, I thought that was really clever choreography, and would also expose Danny if he went wrong with having two pros directly behind him dancing the same moves but he held his own and looked like one of the pros. 

The professional dances this week were super duper! The pros stole the show this week, I know thats not difficult as they are pros and dancing is what they do for a living but I’d have been happy just watching the pro dances this week and skipping the celebs. Usually after the show is finished there are dances I will go and watch again and show to friends but this ain’t happening this week! Step it up next week guys! You've got two dances each now to banish the Craig I'm channeling and swap it with Bruno! 


Until next week, keeeeeeeep dancing!

Vikky

x

No comments

Post a Comment