Laser tattoo removal.

I have a horrendous tattoo! A horrendous tattoo in full view on my wrist! It makes me sick to look at it and I'm mortified by it! How did my 19 year old self think this was something I needed permanently inked into my skin?! What a twat! 

                                                                              1st session

Queue laser tattoo removal! I had to have this tattoo gone one way or another or I’d have ended up gouging my wrist off at some point in the near future, I thought laser removal was the more sensible option so I booked myself in!

I decided I was going to wimp out and get some skin numbing cream. So with my wrist all gunked up I made my way to the tattoo studio for my appointment. Ian, the bloke in charge of firing lasers into my wrist, described to me what happens during the procedure and explained depending on where the ink penetrates into the skin is how good a removal you will get.

So he fired up the machine and got started, I realised by now that the numbing cream had no effect whatsoever on my skin and had a mini melt down inside about the impending pain I was about to endure! I was expecting it to be excruciating and unbearable, from watching people getting it done on TV and YouTube, but I was surprised!
Don't get me wrong, it smarts like a bitch! But it is easily bearable and feels hot and very sharp on the skin. The session only lasts a couple of minutes because the tattoo is fairly small.



Afterwards I know a lot of people can get blisters and I would have been mortified if I did! Luckily my only symptoms were some swelling for a day or two and the most torturous itching for a week afterwards! Luckily this only lasts a couple of days now I've had more sessions but I’d say the itching is by far the worst part of the whole experience!

                                                                              6th session

But I am writing this the day after my 6th session, and although I can see a little progress in the removal, it is still very much an intact and dark tattoo I have to walk around with. Ian thinks the “artist” who did it hammered it in so deep its going to need way more sessions than usual to remove. Just my luck! I'm now paying a tonne of money to remove a ridiculous and idiotic decision my 19 year old self made!

I have no choice but to keep on truckin with removal. I cant stand seeing it anymore and it has to go!

Learn from me people! Think long and hard before you do anything permanent to your body. You may love it at the time but will you still feel the same in 10 years? I certainly don't.

Thanks for reading!

Vikky


x

No comments

Post a Comment