The Fitness Diaries!

So I intended this to be a regular series but I've been so busy I've kinda neglected writing about my fitness journey!
I’ve still being going to pilates class every Friday, and as of next week will be doing at least one hour long session at home to accompany the class.
I’ve done 6 sessions now and I can really notice an improvement in my core strength, I have a long way to go but I can tell now I am starting to engage my core when I do certain movements, which is my ultimate goal to protect my dodgy spine!
Before the 6 classes I could maybe hold a 5 second plank, with bad technique, now I can properly hold a 20 second plank. That may not sound like much to some people but I am damn proud of myself for this and the fact I am noticing an improvement in my strength and fitness is really boosting my confidence and motivation.

I never intended to loose much weight, and it wasn't something I set out to do, if it happened then great, if not then thats also fine, but since christmas eve when I last weighed myself, I have lost 12lbs. I actually weighed myself the second week of the new year and realised I’d lost this weight in a matter of weeks. My nana passed away unexpectedly just after christmas and I really do believe the weight loss was from the grief and stress of losing her. 
I do intend to keep this weight off, as I could have done with losing a little of the podge I’d gained when I was suffering with my back but I don’t want to loose much more. In terms of the way I look I want to flatten my tummy and stay at a healthy looking size 10/12. But my ultimate goal is looking after my health and spine.

Thanks for reading!

Vikky


x

No comments

Post a Comment