Mt Tiede & Masca Jeep Safari.

No holiday to beautiful Tenerife is complete without a trip to Mt Tiede national park with Tamarán on their jeep safari.
We chose the full day trip which included of course the National Park of Mt Tiede, finishing up in the village of Masca with the route taking you through typical Spanish villages and includes a stop in Vilaflor, the highest village in Spain.

After all the pick ups had been made we met the convoy of other jeeps at a meeting point and was split into language groups, where we met our driver for the day, Colin!

From there we made our way through lovely little villages, stopping at different places for pictures and little talks about the area.


What I loved about this tour was that you weren't bombarded with information and missed out on the trip itself because you were trying to listen to the information. We got given a brief snippet of info about the area, the volcano and national park, the village of Masca and its history and little facts about Tenerife itself. If you wanted to know more then the guides were happy to answer more questions you had, or you could go exploring yourself and have time for more pictures! 


I’ve been to tenerife 3 times now, and each time I've been on a jeep safari to the National Park of Mt Tiede, but this one was the most enjoyable by far. The guides/drivers were really happy guys, very knowledgeable about the area and made the trip fun. I never get bored of the landscapes in Tenerife and I already want to come back!


Mt Tiede is the worlds 3rd largest ocean island volcano and the highest peak in spain at 3718m. The volcano is still active and the last eruption was in 1909. The volcano itself actually sits inside the crater of a much older and bigger volcano which collapsed to form Las Cañadas caldera. The landscapes and formations in the national park are surreal and breathtaking and if you visit Tenerife, do not leave without seeing them!


After here we stopped off for lunch and then headed into Masca. On a side note here, big thanks to Colin who translated my allergies for me at the restaurant! Usually on trips like this I don't eat because its just easier that way but thanks to Colin I had some lunch! 
The road into Masca was a very windy road with hairpin turns and stunning views! I’d love to drive this road one day! It was a lot of fun on this road with a lot of laughs at the tourists who were failing miserably at negotiating the tight turns and small roads! Losers! Haha!


Masca is rumoured to be a pirate smuggling village, as you cant see it from the sea, it seemed the perfect place for pirates to hide stolen ships in the caves and keep the loot hidden in the village! Whatever its past its a tiny village and I loved everything about it. While reading about it for this post I read that you can walk from the village to the bay on the coast and I’m now so excited about this it is now on my list of things to do next time I come to Tenerife! 


I really do recommend Tamarán if you decide (why wouldn't you!) to explore the island. They do lots of different trips and have a vip option too if a jeep isn't your thing! Honestly I wouldn't do it any other way than a jeep but each to their own! The full day trip was really reasonably priced and I will definitely use them again. 

Thank you Tamarán for an unforgettable day!

See you soon for more trips and memories!

Thanks for reading!

Vikky


x

1 comment:

  1. Ahh ma gahhhd I really want to visit this amazing island now - I've never been! I love a good bit of history as well, especially when it involves Pirates :D x
    Ellis // www.elliswoolley.co.uk

    ReplyDelete