Falling in love with photography again.

I picked up photography as a hobby a few years ago, but I've always been very self conscious about sharing my photos. I never believed they were any good. I had a heck of a lot to learn and made tonnes of mistakes along the way. In the end I gave up trying and just stopped learning and taking photos. I had no confidence and wasn't enjoying it like I thought I would.

Fast forward to now, I am loving photography! What sparked my passion again was a little spur of the moment shoot of two friends and from that day the urge to photograph stuff is craaaazy!


I never expected a portrait shoot would be the thing to awaken my passion, being a landscape enthusiast with a fear of portraits but I’ve done another portrait shoot since and I’m getting hooked!


I’ve been wanting to upgrade my entry level DSLR for over a year and last month I finally saved enough to upgrade and I’m in love! I went for the Nikon D7200 and splashed out on a new lens to go with and I want to keep it with me everywhere I go! I may have to name him!


I’ve also been playing around on Lightroom, editing new and old photos and learning new techniques. I’ve always been better at learning by doing and I really think my editing has improved from playing around.


I still have tonnes to learn, and look forward to taking better photos in the future. My editing skills can only get better and the lack of confidence I have about my photos is starting to shift a tiny bit. I’m learning that photography is personal, and I may love one of my photos but someone else might hate it and thats ok. 


I’ve decided that I’m going to create a photography bucket list, things to get me exploring and to challenge me to get better and broaden my skills with photography. I’m also planning on trying to go to more events near me and to carry my camera around with me more. Even writing this post is making me wanna go out and take photos! 

Thanks for reading and happy snapping!

Vikky


x

2 comments:

  1. Love these pics! I've recently fallen back in love with photography too and I've set myself some mini projects to do. Can't wait to see more of your photos!

    Serena / http://www.ramblingsofanotherunigraduate.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I think setting little projects is key! X

      Delete