Holiday!!!

I went on my holibobs with my Mum and Nana for a long weekend to Felixstowe this weekend and what an eventful weekend it was!

Firstly on the way to felixstowe we stopped off to explore Ickworth House and Gardens. 

I had never heard of this place before Mum said “eh, its on the way there so we might as well see if its any good” and it was soooo good! I highly recommend a visit. It was different than any other house I've been to like this as the basement and servants areas were all on show too, not just the extravagance of the house. So we got to see both sides of life in a wealthy country estate. 


Also what impressed me was every part of the house was accessible for those unable to do stairs, which frustrates me that a lot of other houses aren't as accessible. As my Nana struggles on stairs this was great as she got to see the entire house! We didn't explore the gardens much as we still had about an hour on our journey to get to the caravan site and it was rather chilly so we had a little wander then headed to Felixstowe.


Then the fun begins! We got the keys to the caravan, and the first thing we noticed was one of the doors was swinging open! Fully expecting to walk into the wrong van I moved in for a closer look! And what I saw was food all over the floor, grass and dirt everywhere, clothes still on the floor, bottle tops, a kids toy, the key we had didn't work in the other door, and the door it did work in wouldn't stay shut if it wasn't locked! We saw red and instantly went back to complain, they said they had no other van to move us in to, but could move is to another park, which we would have done is we weren't in the area for a reason. So we opted to let them send maintenance to fix the doors and the cleaners to do what they should have done in the first place! We got given dinner passes for the clubhouse and anxiously awaited our return to the caravan! 

The list of issues here goes on! And actually became a bit of a joke with us guessing what could happen next! Over the 3 nights as well as the issues we had before, the electricity went off, the tv stopped working, and the flint to light the gas in the oven didn't work! Also the allergy information was wrong in the clubhouse which I wont go into detail in as they're investigating it as I type but I was not a happy bunny! 


On the Saturday we went into Ipswich, my Nana was actually born here and evacuated in the war so it was a bit of a homecoming for her, sadly she didn't recognise much as it had changed so much but it was a lovely day out, lots of shopping! Some of the buildings were beautiful! I have a thing for old buildings! Haha!
When we got back me and Mum went for a walk on the sea front, froze our tits off and came back for dinner! 



Sunday there was a antique car event thing on in Felixstowe which Nana wanted to see so we walked in and there were so many cars! Parked all on the road and lined up pretty much the entire length of the promenade. 


The sun came out today which was epic! There was a major lack of sunshine the whole weekend! When we got back to the caravan I forced Mum to come for another walk with me but the other way towards the Port of Felixstowe, she wasn't happy but she enjoyed it when she was out! There is an old fort next to the port which we didn't go into but I had a good snoop from the outside! I kinda loved that where we were, you could face the sea, turn to the side and face a national park and old fort, then turn a bit more and there is the huge Port of Felixstowe! 


On Monday we went into Bury St Edmunds as it was on the way home for a wander around. We found the Cathedral and had an explore and then had a snack before making the journey home. 




I had an amazing time with my family and spending time with my Nana in the area she was born and grew up in. I love spending time by the sea, I just feel different, care free almost. I think I can see myself living by the sea in the future for sure. 

Thanks for reading!

Vikky

x

No comments

Post a Comment