The Greatest Showman Review.

It's been a very long time since I've seen a film at the cinema and its just hooked me in. The Greatest Showman was absolutely incredible!
Not 15 seconds in I turned to my friend and said “I'm already in love with this film” and I don't think I blinked again. I was engrossed, taken away, a fire could have broke out in the cinema and I wouldn't have realised!

I have a love/hate relationship with musicals. There are some like The Blues Brothers, Grease and Pitch Perfect which are fab, and others like La La Land which is probably one of the worst films I've ever seen. It still irks me today I paid £9 to see that god awful sad excuse of a film! And then I found out the same people who did La La Land’s music did this (or something else! I know people who worked on La La Land worked on The Greatest Showman) so I was worried I’d think this film would suck too but I can’t remember a film I've seen in a long time that has made me want to go right back and see it again. I’ve downloaded the soundtrack, I'm obsessed with youtube interviews and behind the scenes and I will for sure be seeing it again. 
My two favourite songs from the film are This Is Me and Rewrite The Stars. Whoever wrote these songs I take my hat off to, they are all kinds of stunning. The scene with Zac Efron and Zendeya performing Rewrite The Stars was just beautiful.
Zendeya really stole the show for me. I’ve heard of her, but never seen her in anything other than Spiderman Homecoming so didn't actually know she was a singer! Turns out she can sing, act, dance, and trapeze. They wanted to use the stunt double as little as possible so she learnt how to trapeze and that was her doing all that wonderful trapezing! Girl crushing!
Speaking of crushes, Zac is a beautiful man. And in this film he just epitomises a kind and understanding man and its a breath of fresh air to see in a world full of hate.
This film is just what we need right now. There is so much judgement placed on people in the world who are “different” and it needs to change. My own personal views are that yes, they are different, but that to me is magical. A world where everyone is the same is boring. Different colour skin, hair, people with missing limbs, disabilities, whatever makes us unique and interesting and should be celebrated. Far too much emphasis is placed on looks and not enough on a persons true self, their personality and this film teaches that. 
The whole production on this film was one of the best I've ever seen. Everything from the story to the music to the dances to the meanings behind the words of the songs to the actors is outstanding. 

I can’t recommend seeing this film enough. If you have no one to go with hit me up! I’ll see it 100 times over and still be in love!

Thanks for reading!

Vikky


x


No comments

Post a Comment