Tiede by Night.

I’d been looking forward to doing this trip for months before I went on holiday to Tenerife and when we booked with Travel Tenerife I almost popped with excitement!

The tour company drew us in because they had small groups with 3 telescopes, some other tours were huge coaches full to bursting with one guide and one telescope! Crazy!
I think there was about 20 people on our tour, and the guides spoke lots of different languages between them so we split off into language groups for the talks. 


The first stop was to watch the sunset, which was beautiful! Champagne was served and we all chilled out in a stunning location to appreciate the beauty of the Island. We also had the chance to see the sun through a telescope which was amazing! 


After this we were off to the star gazing location, it was amazing to see as it got darker the stars starting to shine. Unfortunately the moon was nearly full so we didn't see as much as we could have, but that just means I’ll have to come again! Even with the moon so bright I’d never seen so many stars before.
The telescopes were set up and we had talks about each of the stars, constellations and planets we could see, and then we could have a look at them through the telescopes. We got to see Saturn’s rings, 2 stripes and 4 moons of Jupiter, numerous constellations including Scorpio and Gemini, I learnt that you can find the North star for navigation by lining it up with the Big Dipper! Not sure I’d ever be lost somewhere to need it but I know now just incase!
The most beautiful things I saw that night were the Globular and Butterfly clusters. I’ve seen them on tv but to see them with your own eyes is just amazing.


The guides were brilliant, very knowledgable and extremely passionate about the stars and space and were lovely friendly guys. 

I had intended to try my hand at some night photography for the first time on this trip and one of the guides came over to lend a hand with setting up, thank you for that :)
My shots aren't great but I'm happy with them being my first attempt! I can only get better right?!


This tour has been an experience I’ll never forget, and will be one I do again for sure. If anyone reading this is heading to Tenerife on holiday, please look up Travel Tenerife and get yourself on one of their tours, you wont regret it. I will 100% be booking with them again when I come back to tenerife.

Thanks for reading!

Vikky


x

No comments

Post a Comment