The Fitness Diaries!

I’ve decided to start a regular series on my blog about my quest to get fit! I’m not going crazy with expensive gym memberships and hours of exercise every day, but I needed to make a change from the stodgy, unfit and unflexible bum I am to a more toned, fitter self with a strong core. My motivation is to tone up and strengthen my core to support my back and try to prevent further injury to it, you can read about my spine surgery story here for a bit of background around my dodgy spine!
I did a little pilates along with physiotherapy after the surgery, and felt that it made such a difference to my recovery and my pain levels. But I seriously lack motivation, and when I was discharged from physiotherapy I carried on a bit of pilates with no structure or schedule and gradually it fizzed out. I really could feel a difference. My back pain returned and I lost flexibility and began to feel tired a lot of the time. 
So this leads me to today. I have been searching for a pilates class to join for a while and recently found one in my village, so I called up, and went to my first session today and boy o boy! It was tough! But I loved it, and feel instantly lighter, more flexible and energised, I was actually amazed at how much I was able to do and none of the exercises caused me any pain with my back. I’m now waiting for the inevitable full body muscle aches to set in! 
I’m hoping that starting a series in my blog will help to keep me motivated with exercise, like I said I don’t plan on going exercise crazy, but I intend to keep at the pilates class, and do some cardio once a week at home. Maybe if I enjoy it to the point I want to, and can afford to join a gym I will but for now I feel a small change will be easier for me to stick with than a big commitment like an expensive gym membership.

Thanks for reading!

Vikky


x

No comments

Post a Comment