Estée Lauder Beauty Event, Debenhams Leicester.

My lovely friend Ellis was invited to attend a beauty event for Estée Lauder in Debenhams Leicester, and managed to get my bootie an invite too to my first ever blogger event! 


In a nutshell, Estée Lauder were running the event to be able to collect data from a wide variety of women in an effort to better understand the skin and its undertones, to be able to match more skin tones to foundations and under eye products.


In effect it was a study. They aimed to collect data from 1000 women to take back to their offices in New York to process the data collected. They wanted to better understand the pigments and undertones in the skin and how and why dark circles form. Are they something to do with melanin? Blood flow? In trying to find this out they are more able to match a product to get to work on those pesky dark circles!
Everyone we met from R&D to Make-up artists were absolutely lovely. Very friendly and made you feel at ease. 


I of course, being the one with no make up on ended up the guinea pig and went through a series of photos and analysis. While I was being analysed the scientists were explaining what the purpose was, and talked through what they were looking for. Firstly I had to have some photos of my skin taken, and then a couple under uv light. He explained that any oil in the skin would show up orange and I had none! Which has now caused me to re think my skin care routine as Ive been using products for oily skin after a skin analysis at Boots but thats for another post! 
They also used a handheld device I believe measured the undertones in the skin, and also took a measurement of my ginormous dark circles! I may be wrong but by this time I’d taken in so much information my brain started to fry! 
There was also another analysis done but the outcome needed some assessment so we weren't able to hear about that.


Afterwards, the make-up artist matched me to a foundation shade but unfortunately because I’ve had an allergic reaction to an Estée Lauder product in the past, and I’m also allergic to nuts, who’s oils can be found in many cosmetics they didn’t want to risk applying it, and I was given a sample to take home and try.


At the end we were given a money off voucher, and a goodie bag full of beautiful Estée Lauder samples in a cute little bag. I need to sit down and have a bit of a study to see if any of them contain nut oils but I’m looking forward to trying them!


I’m not by any means a beauty blogger, most things I put on my face I have an allergic reaction too, hell I had a reaction to an eye cream just yesterday! So I don’t see much point trying to include a lot of beauty in my blog but I had an amazing time today with Ellis and you never know, by attending more events in the future and becoming more aware about ingredients and persevering in my quest for make up I don’t react to, I might one day find that one brand! Maybe its Estée Lauder?!

Thanks for reading!

Vikky 

x

No comments

Post a Comment