Strictly Come Dancing 10th Anniversary Live Tour!

Last night I went to see the Strictly Come Dancing 10th Anniversary Live Tour! I was bursting with excitement and I was not disappointed! The whole production was stunning and left me with goosebumps all over! 

P.s I may have gone a bit picture crazy in this post!


It was set up like a Saturday night show. Each couple danced their 2 favourite dances, were then scored by the Judges and the audience had the chance to vote by texting who they wanted to win the glitter ball. 


The show began with a group number to nicest kids in town from the musical Hairspray, with the roll call introducing the Strictly celebs! Ore, Louise, Danny, Ed, Leslie and Daisy! This was one of my favourite group dances from the series, and I still go back to youtube to watch it again so by the time this dance was 10 seconds in I was already having the time of my life! The stage was full of talented dancers, tonnes of colour and the music and singers were top notch.


Anita rani hosted the show and did a brilliant job, she had just the right about of humour which suited all ages of people and she looked absolutely stunning!
Len Goodman, Craig Revel Horwood and Karen Hardy judged each dance, offering their comments and criticisms and and their usual charm and whit! Len on occasion went off on one, pickling his walnuts! Craig was his usual grumpy self, although after slating Ed Balls with his gangnam salsa, he was coherced into doing it himself and he did! The audience loved it! 


Firstly I'm still getting goosebumps at seeing Danny and Oti’s samba in the flesh! If you think it looks amazing on tv in real life it blows you away! Everything works. The music is perfect, Oti’s choreography is perfect, the backing dancers are perfect and Danny just lets go and becomes the dance! For the two or so minutes they were dancing I was transported somewhere else! Awe inspiring!


My girl Louise and Kevin did their paso!!! I needed to see either their paso or argentine tango, which I would have loved to see because I think it would have gone down amazingly well but at least they did their paso! It was powerful and stunningly beautiful at the same time. I believe the paso is Kevin's favourite dance and he really put together a gripping dance and brought the best out of Louise. Again I was transported to another place watching this!


Obviously Ed and Katya’s gangnam salsa had to be in my top 5 dances of the night! I can truly see how why people have fallen in love with Ed, that stage was full slim, incredibly fit and glamorous celebs and pro dancers, and Ed stood out. I'm not insulting him one bit here, I'm commending him because he represents the normal person. You and me. And he went out there and he danced his heart out and he held his own. He may not have nailed the technique as well as the other celebs but he, along with Danny’s samba, got the best reactions from the crowd. Standing ovations, clapping that wouldn't stop, people stomping their feet, I actually got scared at one point the building might collapse! And Ed deserved it.


Now the last two dances I want to talk about are both from Ore, for the tour his partner was Karen Clifton. In seeing him perform live I can see why he won. His charm and charisma draws you in and he looks like a complete natural out there. He first danced that jive, the jive is one of my favourites and I had a blast watching it! It was so fun and energetic and now I wanna learn to jive!


His second dance was his show dance, and I could see why he won the show while I was watching it. It was oozing pure glamour. He was effortlessly cool and he took over that stage. The section on the raised drums was genius and when they took off quickstepping round the floor the audience went crazy! Ore had no dance background coming into Strictly and now he looks like a professional. I really do hope he keeps dancing when the tour is finished.


Throughout the individual and group performances there was a troupe of backing dancers who helped to bring the dance alive. They added to each dance without overpowering it and every single performance looked incredibly well put together and was a feast for the eyes! The group dances were a sea of beautiful dancing and when everyone was on the stage together dancing away and the music was going it was so exciting to see!


As for music, the band were incredible, as were the singers. During some of the performances the singers would come forward and were almost part of the dances themselves. They performed little steps while singing their hearts out and I really do believe the entire crew on this show deserve so much credit for pulling off such a classy and glamorous production. I don't have one negative thing or criticism to say about any of it.


I’m sad to see Len Goodman go as head judge, now who’s going to pickle their walnuts! All I wanted to see on this tour was Len in one of his enthusiastic moments after a dance, and I saw it! It was hilarious and made my day!


I had brought tickets for me, my Mum and Nana for christmas. But my nana got rushed into hospital just before christmas and passed away 8 days later. This was supposed to be her christmas present, and she was so looking forward to going, but she passed faster than anyone, including the doctors expected. But I fully believe she was there in spirit. I didn't feel like she was missing, I really did feel like she was sat next to me and I could have turned to her and see her sat there. I don't know if I believe in ghosts or spirits or whatever you want to call it but she was definitely there. I just wish I could have shared that moment with her before she passed away, but at least now I know that she would have loved every minute of the show.


Now though, after being so obsessed with Strictly, and now seeing the live tour, I have urges. Urges that wont go away! I want to learn to dance! But I can’t even dance on a night out, I have zero rhythm and no coordination, not to mention the sheer terror I feel when I think about finding a class to join! But I think I might try and learn a few beginner steps of my favourite dances at home and see how I go! What I really need is to meet a nice man, a nice man who just happens to be a dancer! Pigs might fly eh?!


So with the end of my Strictly obsession till the next season I bid my Strictly series farewell.

Until next time,

Keeeeeeep dancing!

x

No comments

Post a Comment