Strictly Come Dancing: Semi Final Review.

Wow how did we get to Semi Final week so fast! It doesn't seem like 12 weeks have gone already but here we are in the Semi Final!

Each couple had two dances this week to master and I must admit after seeing their dances and the music that would be accompanying I wasn't overly excited. But I really enjoyed tonights show, even though the person I wanted to go didn’t, and my favourite of the night was eliminated I still thought it was an amazing show.

Louise and Kevin danced the Tango and the Samba this week and both were technically brilliant. I thought though there could have been more emotion from Louise, she goes up and down with her confidence I think and I really want to see her just totally let go. I don't think she will win it if she doesn’t. Kevin is full of fun and personality and she needs to beat him at his own game! 

Claudia and Aj were my favourites by far of the night. I didn't think I’d ever switch my favourite couple but they stole the show for me last night. Unfortunately I am at work when the vote is open so I can’t vote but if I could I would have used all 3 of my online votes for them this week. Her Rumba was absolutely stunning and I felt all the emotion between them both. She looked like a beautiful young woman, in total control and complete confidence in herself and her partner. I cant stop watching it over and over again! Her quickstep was also brilliant, her smile lit up the ballroom and I didn't see one mistake. She looked like she was having the time of her life! I felt so horrible for her when they found out they were in the dance off, going up against Danny would have been awful as its clear the judges love him so it was always going to be Danny they saved. Which this week, as good as Danny is, in my opinion Claudia walked all over him this week. I'm super sad she's gone but I love everything she has taken away from this experience and grown to be a confident young woman. 

Ore and Joanne disappointed me this week. Their Quickstep looked off to me. I cant put my finger on it but something didn't look right. It wasn't worthy of the score it got, especially when you compare how much better Claudia’s was. Their Argentine Tango let me down a bit too, I felt he didn't have much to do, it was more Joanne dancing around him. Maybe thats what a proper Argentine Tango should be but I wanted to see more. He better step it up in the final, I wanna see something to blow my mind! 

Danny and Oti this week danced a Salsa and an American Smooth, loved the American Smooth, liked the Salsa. I want to watch a Salsa and join in the party but watching Danny I was happy to stay in my seat and watch from the sidelines. It was good enough to watch, not good enough to excite me to join in! Now his American Smooth on the other hand was beautiful. He reminded me a bit of Jay from last series in the way he moved. Both Claudia’s dances are my top two favourites but this is my third favourite of the night. The way they ended with Oti launching herself off that platform into Danny’s arms was heart stopping! When she started running I was like “No she ain’t! She can’t, SHE DID!!!!” Wow!

The group dance this week was really different to the usual group dances and I really enjoyed it. Some of the lifts and the way Janette was passed around was really artistic and it was a joy to watch.

I cant believe we saw the last ever Len’s lens :( Strictly won’t be the same without the wonderful Len Goodman. Whoever takes his place next year will have some ginormous shoes to fill! 

One things for sure, after seeing all 4 couples tonight getting so emotional I will need to make sure I have a supply of tissues on standby for the final! Everyone, whether they win or not are going to be blubbering with happiness, sadness, nerves, and then I bet there will be a tribute to Len in there somewhere too that will be a tear jerker! 

So everyone, until the final…..


Keeeeep dancing!

x

No comments

Post a Comment