Blogmas Day 5: Am I an anti blogger?

I started blogging just over a year ago, and I’ve come to learn in that time that there seems to be a blogging 101 handbook that I’ve missed!
Rose gold, marble, copper, flat lays, plants, ootd, bumming zoella, are all very absent from my blog. And I’m flipping proud of it.
I blog because I love it. It makes me feel happy. Its become a hobby I can’t see giving up any time soon. Its a very informal place, I make spelling mistakes, my grammar sucks sometimes, do I give a fuck? Nope!!
Its my blog and if you've come to it for perfection then you've come to the wrong place.
I spent a lot of time when I started my blog worrying because the majority of bloggers I saw on social media were beauty bloggers. I am the opposite of a beauty guru and I'm allergic to make up so I panicked that I wouldn't fit in if I didn't conform to the mass of beauty bloggers out there. But the more I wrote about stuff I wanted to write about I realised that you just have to do you. Your blog is your personal space, whether you use it for work or a hobby like me you have to have some sort of passion, interest or feeling about what you write or the reader won’t be interested. It will be boring. So I decided from then on I was gunna write about whatever the heck I wanted. And I've done just that! You'll find a mass of topics on my blog, some would say disorganised, but thats the kind of blog I run, sloppy, chilled, unprofessional, but I loooooooooove it! The thought of spending hours taking photographs of shit I don't care about makes me wanna gouge my eyeballs out! Writing about things I have no interest in feels like complete torture. So none of that is found here! I write when I want to, not to a schedule, and if I have a nice photo or write a post about somewhere I've been then I’ll bless you with a photo or two but other wise it will just be my incredibly spectacular and awesomely epic writing! Pfft as if! Haha!!
Its become aware to me too that stats and views and shit is something I should be looking at. Is it? I used to check how many views my posts have had and it wasn't many and I got super self conscious that I sucked, but again, as I've been blogging more I've started to care less and less about views and followers. If it happens then fab, if not then thats also ok. For right now I am loving blogging and I do it more for myself than others.
I put no pressure on myself with regards to my blog. I’ve gone ages without posting then I’ll have the urge to write and I’ll bash a load of posts out, much like right now! This is the 3rd post of the day! But after this I might not wanna write for 3 weeks and thats ok. Writing is a passion, not a chore and I feel that if I had to keep to a schedule like most bloggers seem to have I’d be throwing out shit content I and others wouldn't enjoy at all.
So does this make me an anti blogger? Maybe, but thats ok. I am unique and so is my blog and I'm proud of that, no matter how many views I get.

Am I even doing blogmas right?! I saw a thread on twitter saying it should be Christmas posts only! But mine won’t be, I don’t even know if I’ll have a post for every day, but we shall see! I’m gunna give it darn good try!

What do you all think? Do you stress about content and views or are you a laid back blogger, writing when the inspiration hits you? Do you try and stay within one niche or do you write about anything and everything?

Thanks for reading!

Vikky

X


No comments

Post a Comment