Blogmas Day 3: Who inspires me?

Righty-ho! I’ve got Our Last Night blasting out my speakers, dinner in the oven and a pack of chewits to nibble.

I

AM

READYYYYYYY!!!

Kicking off number 2 in my “Who inspires me” series and I’m gunna be talking about the first You tuber I ever watched regularly. Evan Edinger. 

First off I became hooked on his travel channel, I was struggling with crippling pain waiting for spine surgery dreaming of a life outside my home and Evan kind of gave that to me. I could get lost in his videos and pretend I was pain free and exploring the world. Sounds daft but at one of the lowest times of my life when this outdoorsy and active gal had became almost housebound, Evans travel vlogs were a huge inspiration and motivation for me to have a successful recovery from my op and to get out and see the world when I was recovered. Now, I’m building a self build campervan to go travelling the UK and Ireland and hopefully take to Europe! Craaaaazy!!
I’ve always has an interest in photography and hope to one day on my travels have a snazzy portrait of epic travel shots inspired by Evan, and I’m saving for a drone too! Thanks Evan, my bank balance hates you! Haha!

Through his travel channel I began to watch videos on his main channel and I found a few that were quite personal and eye opening for me. I’m personally not ready to talk about which ones I’m on about on the internet but I can pin point a time in my life, after watching said videos, where I changed for the better. The self doubt and loathing lifted away and the acceptance I felt because I knew I wasn't alone was life changing.

I actually met Evan at a Comicon in London a couple of years ago, I was petrified, super awkward and it was frankly embarrassing! I’ve always been fairly awkward talking to people I don't know, which usually leads to me struggling to make new friends and I hate myself for it. Inside I wanna be able to have conversations with people, to know what to say and enjoy meeting new people. But when I get put in a situation where I have to meet someone my brain just shuts down! I can’t find words, I struggle holding a conversation, I make the whole thing incredibly awkward, then like a weirdo I just leave! I wanted this to change so after meeting Evan and doing just this, plus the encouragement I was getting from my amazing friend Ellis, I was inspired to start this blog with the intention of getting over my social awkwardness and being able to meet new people. One year in and I'm still an awkward mess but I’ve grown in confidence and embrace my weirdness so I guess thats a good thing! Evan, you inspire me to be weird and write about it on the internet! Love it!

Thinking about it Evan has had quite a lot of positive impact on my life and I can’t help but feel inspired by the guy. I’m possibly facing some more surgery on my spine in the near future and I will definitely be turning to Evans travel channel to keep me inspired to once again have a strong recovery and to get out and see the world. One thing I am greatly aware of having years of my twenties taken up with illness is that life is short and it passes quickly and there is a whole world out there to experience and I want to get out there and see it, no matter what my health throws at me. 

So in short, Evan inspires me to be confident in who I am, and to live my life. Thanks bud!

My dindins is ready now so with that I draw this post to a close to go and stuff my face!

See ya guys until the next one!

Vikky

X



No comments

Post a Comment