Strictly Come Dancing: Week 8 review.

I know its probably too late to start blogging about Strictly Come Dancing coming up to Blackpool but I don't care! I love Strictly and didn't start this blog till after it started so better late than never!
FYI I’m no dancing pro or anything, I just love getting swept up with Strictly fever and having a bit of a gossip!

First of all how amazing is the level of dancing this year?! Everyone each week is making my jaw drop! 

First up I'm going to talk about Louise and Kevin, only because we have a sweepsteak at work and Louise is my girl! Plus Kevin is my favourite male pro dancer, he's amazing! This week they had the American Smooth, and I thought their performance was amazing, I really think she is starting to come out of her shell, she's filling her dances now with expression and it has really upped her performance. Well done guys! My favourite performance of the night.

Daisy and Aljaz bother me a bit, she is a lovely woman, always smiling and he is a character, but their performances always seem a bit lacklustre to me. She gets the routine right most of the time but she doesn't seen to have fun, or at least I feel that way watching her. I loved her Mary Poppins Quickstep but since then none of her dances have stood out for me. This week her Salsa was technically good but again I felt she didn't perform it and I found it didn't entertain me, like the smile was there but nothing behind it. I think they were the right couple to be sent home this week.

Danny, Danny, Danny, Oti, Oti, Oti! What a week to be dancing the Argentine Tango after Louise and Kevin nailed it last week (my favourite dance of the series so far!) but I loved this too! I think Oti is one of the best pro dancers and she definitely shows it in her choreography, its always visually stunning, difficult and pushes Danny to the max, this week was just more proof that Danny is on his way to the final!

I feel torn with Claudia and Aj, I love watching their dances when they are on, and think they do a really great job, but I always find myself forgetting them. I've no idea why! But Claudia keeps improving and is dancing really gracefully now, I loved how beautiful she looked on the dance floor in her Viennese Waltz with Aj and hope I stop forgetting her!

Now Ed Balls has been bugging me the entire time he has spent on Strictly, because I was on the “get rid of him he cant dance bandwagon”, until he did that Quickstep. This was the first dance where I saw potential in him and I really enjoyed watching it, so I went onto YouTube and watched it again! I loved the comedy elements and thought he did a really entertaining dance. I think I’m beginning to like him because he is the ultimate beginner, he is what I imagine I’d be like learning to dance but showing that with hard work and persistence he is getting there.This week, the gangnam Salsa! To coin a phrase from Craig, OMG darling! It was both horrendous, but spectacular all at the same time! I am quite annoyed none of the judges commented on those lifts they did! They were pretty dam fabulous! And no one talked about them! Argh!!

Ore and Joanne this week performed a Rumba, often the feared dance on Strictly, especially for the male celebs, but I thought this was really good, he made it look really beautiful and elegant, and I loved watching it, Ore, Louise and Danny are my top 3 dancers so keep up the good work and the final will be amazing with you three in it!

I absolutely love watching Judge Rinder dancing, he's not technically the best dancer but just oozes pure joy when he dances and its really captivating. He so enjoyed his Foxtrot and I enjoyed it along with him. And I really hope he doesn't change his facial expressions like Craig keeps harping on about, they show what an amazing time he is having. The foxtrot isn't my favourite dance out there but I thought his was lovely.

I dont give two flying hoots what the Judges said about Greg and Natalie’s Paso Doble, I thought it was pretty dam good! I really enjoyed it, normally Greg is sort of floating around in the middle of the pack for me but I thought this was a really moving dance. It made me want to go to Spain and find a hunky Spanish man to teach it to me! Definitely not deserving of bottom two, however saying that I did feel he performed it better in the dance off. I'm glad he's here still to fight another week. 

I also thought the pro dance this week was stunning, it really tugged at my heartstrings portraying the story of Basil and Madge and their story of love throughout the war. A fitting remembrance day tribute of how love can conquer through tragedy. We will remember them.


Well there you go! My first, probably too late Strictly review! Its Blackpool next week so I cant wait to see how each celeb will bring it! Roll on Saturday night and some more amazing dances. 

Until then, keeeeeeeep dancing! 

X

No comments

Post a Comment