Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

On the drizzly, dank and dark morning of Monday 21st Nov, I shlepped it to the cinema with my friend Ben, totally high on excitement for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them! 

I’d been waiting in anticipation for months to see this film and OMG it did not disappoint! I was hooked from the first 5 seconds! 
I don't intend to spoil anything in this post for anyone who hasn't seen it yet so I will try and contain myself and not get too over the top crazy!
I have always liked Harry Potter, books and films, but I hadn't fully watched the last two films till December last year! I know right! What had I been doing with my life till then! But I had lots of time to kill while off work after surgery so the Harry Potter marathon began. When I was well enough my Brother took me to the WB Studio Tour and that completed my initiation into becoming a devoted Potter fan!
My anticipations for Fantastic Beasts, although very hyped, were a little tentative, I was worried it would try and copy the Harry Potter series too much, almost like a remake, because it was so successful, but I really wasn't disappointed. It was a story all on its own. You could have watched it with no knowledge of Harry Potter at all. But equally if you are a Harry Potter fanatic then it wont disappoint. The story was brilliant, the characters were dynamic and it was great seeing the creatures I’d read about in the book come to life.
As an animal lover, it was also so heartwarming to see how much Newt Scamander nurtured and loved the creatures he cared for. I am now totally and completely in love with him!
The graphics were next level too, you could actually believe that you were looking at real creatures, watching real magic happen, watching real buildings move and change! 

I was totally engrossed while watching this film, it takes a lot for a film to do that to me. I felt like for  2h 13m I was in another world. I must see Fantastic Beasts again! And if you haven't seen it what are you playing at!! Go!! Now!!!

No comments

Post a Comment