Strictly come Dancing: Week 9 review.

What an exciting show! The group dance was so classy and I love seeing there celebs and pros together! Without further ado… lets go!
Oh Claudia you're so fine! I love the Jive, its one of my top 3 favourite dances. I loved the energy she gave, I wasn't so sure on the music choice of hey mickey but I thought she did really well. Having said that I can't quite put my finger on it but it looked odd! Maybe she was a little out of time? Missed a few steps? Maybe it didn't match the music? I dunno! But overall I really enjoyed watching it and it made me want to join in! I didn't think she deserved to be in the dace off at all. 

I thought Ore and Joannes performance was really suave and classy, having said that I'm not a fan of the Viennese Waltz. But I did like the character he brought to the dance and I'm glad I will be seeing more of the pair next week.

My girl Louise brought it again! The Paso Doble is Kevin's favourite dance and you could tell with how fantastic the performance came across. You could tell Louise was struggling a little with being tough and aggressive, I'm sure I saw a few smiles sneak in there! But I thought it was deserving of the scores it got and I was mesmerised watching it!

Danny and Oti’s Charleston was fantabulous!!!!! I absolutely love the Charleston and even though I cant dance to save my life I just wanted to get up and join in! I really wanted Louise to get the first 10 from Craig but I can sleep well tonight knowing Danny got it with this dance. He deserved it, and Oti is doing wonders with Danny!

Ed did a good job again this week. I am reading all sorts of negative stuff about him online that he is taking the place of better dancers, and yes, he is, but he damn well deserves it! He is what epitomises the every day man, a non dancer, slightly out of shape! But he is giving it everything and he is proving that no matter who you are, what size or shape you are, what abilities you have, he's showing that you can become a dancer. He is inspiring people. I get quite protective over the Jive as its one of my favourites and loathe people doing it badly but I really liked his Jive, and he is super entertaining every week. 

Now I have become rather a late fan of Greg and Natalie. I didn't much enjoy them in the start but he has grown on me. He, like Ed, is a non dancer, never danced before, and is proving that dance can be for everyone. I like that in a show like this as it makes it more relatable to the people watching at home. I’m quite upset he was eliminated however he has left knowing he has inspired people. And how cute was it when they got emotional! Bless his little cotton socks he was so emotional to say goodbye!

And last but not least was Judge Rinder's Salsa to Spice Girls! I'm a little frustrated with Judge Rinder because I can tell he is having so much fun and really treasures his time on Strictly but I feel he has plateaued now. I don't want to see him go but I fear it may be his turn next week. Having said that I did enjoy watching his Salsa and thought his hips were never going to stop! I hope he brings more to the floor next week.

And with that I finish with the group dance from the results show! It was themed from the musical Hairspray in the Corny Collins show! It was bright and fun and it ended Blackpool week perfectly.


Let me know what you guys thought of this weeks Strictly and until next week, keeeeep dancing!

X

No comments

Post a Comment