Self build Camper van!

I’m building a camper van!!!!!

I must be insane, crazy, loopy and round the bend! Why, because I picked up my new van earlier today, and I’m planning on converting it into a camper van by myself!! Well thats a lie, I’m having a professional fit some windows, and I might chicken out fitting the solar panel and electrics and get someone to do that too if its not too expensive, but other than that, I'm planning on doing everything solo. 
I’m no tradesman, I'm not skilled in a craft, but I consider myself fairly handy and I'm not afraid to get stuck in to a bit of diy, but admittedly this will be a huge challenge for me, and I'm incredibly excited to get started and give myself something to work my brain and to learn some new skills. 

I plan on filming, photographing and blogging the entire conversion and beyond so ill keep y'all posted for youtube videos and new posts!!

Like I've said before, I don't really have a clue what I'm doing, so as I learn I wanna document absolutely everything so that I can look back at what I've achieved and bask in sheer pride at what I've accomplished but also for other novices wanting to convert their own vans. I'm hopefully going to do some how to type posts or videos for things like insulating the van, building my bed and fitting the hob and sink that pure beginners can understand with clear step by step instructions.

I’m also doing this on a limited budget, so as I explore ideas for keepings costs down I’ll share them too. 

Fast forward, I've now had the van a few days and started work today. I had some crew seats in the back to remove, the bolts into the floor were a bastard to remove, cue lots of wd40, me squirming my way under the van to attack them from underneath with my Dad unscrewing them from inside the van! Just gotta fill the holes in now with a sealant. I've also removed the panels from the walls and gave it a bloody good clean. It was a mess inside but after a hoover and a scrub its squeaky clean! Its ready now for wiring and insulation when they all arrive. 
I'm having my windows fitted in a weeks time so more videos and photos to come! 
In the meantime I've made a short video of my van and the bit of work I've done so far clearing it out. 
He doesn't read my blog but I need to give my friend Mark a shout out for helping me so much with what direction to go in and what things I need to buy! Thanks bud! You'll probably want to murder me by the end of this conversion!

I’ll be blogging and filming lots more so keep an eye out for new posts!


Thanks for reading!

Vikky


x


No comments

Post a Comment