Strictly Come Dancing: Week 4

Lets get straight in by talking about Susan and Kevin, fab-u-lous darling!!!!!! By far my favourite performance of the night, so elegant and everything was stunning! She was on fire zooming around that dance floor! Perfect! Can’t stop watching on repeat on youtube!
Everyones going on about Alexandra and Gorka’s jive, yes it was awesome, yes it was flipping snazzy, but for me there wasn't enough actual jive content. I think Gorka should have choreographed more jive, Alex would have nailed it but I didn't feel like I was watching a jive. Probably an unpopular opinion there but I said it!

I love Gemma and Aliaz right now, they're improving week to week and loving it. I really hope she keeps going and maybe start knocking some of the dancers with previous experience off their podium. As good as these past experience dancers are they do have an advantage over the non dancers and I'm not sure thats fair, but Gemma is kicking their booty.

Brian is becoming someone I'm looking forward to each week, never thought I’d sat that at the start but I think he is also improving and I love seeing that. He wasn't brilliant with his paso this week but you could see him working on the steps and trying to get elements of the paso in there and thats good enough for me. As Shirley said, strictly is a marathon not a sprint and she nailed that right on the head.

Now to the eliminated couple, Charlotte and Brendan. Charlotte did my head in, I think she really did want to soak up the whole experience but she struggled letting go and this showed in her dancing for me, it was uncomfortable to watch and quite frankly, boring. But this week, even though she fudged up a bit, her jive was good to watch because she looked like she had let go and was having fun. I'm glad she's gone because she was the one that I thought deserved to go, but I'm also annoyed now we wont get to see her let go even more and see if her dancing would have improved the more comfortable she became.

I just wanna add on the end too that I am loving Shirley Ballas in that judging panel, she is the right mix of both constructive criticism and positive feedback, she wants every single dancer to improve and will pick up on individual steps they have done right to give them some praise. She's very fair, and very experienced and a perfect fit at the table.

Thanks for reading!


Vikky.


No comments

Post a Comment