Our Last Night & Birmingham.

Last night me and Ellis hauled ass and went to Birmingham to see Our Last Night. They were incredible!!

Back in the day I was a hard core rock chic. Rock was my life, I was in a band, I was always at gigs. Yah!
I left this life behind in my teenage years but I was brought right back at this gig. I didn't realise how much I missed music, live music, rock music, playing an instrument till I went to see Our Last Night.
Ellis introduced me to Our Last Night in the last year or so and I've fallen in love! So when I saw they were touring and they were coming fairly close I asked Ellis if she wanted to go and she nearly blew my head off with excitement! 
There were two supports, New Volume, who were really good and the second support, can’t remember their name, weren't my cup of tea! Probably showing my age now but I was genuinely scared for them, they were head banding so much I was worried about bodily injury!

Then out came Our Last Night, and the glorious man that is Trevor Wentworth! *drools*


I can’t explain to you how good they were. We both had such a good time and it ended too soon.
Because I feel super fragile still after back surgery we hung around the back on some stairs and had a fab view! As Ellis said to me, it was nice just staying out of the crowds and soaking up the whole atmosphere, which is something I missed when I was younger.
It was so weird for me looking into the crowd and seeing people jumping, moshing, crowd surfing. I used to be that girl! Took me right back to those times!

Our last night: amazing. 

Birmingham: woah! 

I’ve been Birmingham before, not for quite a few years. First thing I noticed was how many homeless people and druggies there are on the streets! Every 5 mins we were being approached and asked for spare change. I’ve never been anywhere before and experienced this. Obviously there are homeless people and druggies everywhere but I've never seen so many in one place before. It was both heartbreaking that so many people were on the streets, and terrifying because I did feel quite unsafe. I probably had no reason to feel that way, most of the people were probably genuinely nice people in a horrendous situation, but I'm not used to being approached in this way and I feel uneasy with people I don't know so my anxiety was getting the better of me here and translated into fear. I think too seeing so many people suffering around me really made me feel uneasy.
I did however pop into lush, I've been meaning to try a shampoo and conditioner of theirs so we popped in to ask for a sample as I'm allergic to everything so didn't wanna buy and have to return and the girl in there was so lovely and went through the ingredients with me and hooked me up with a few samples to try! 
Then came dindins! Food is never far from my mind! We actually realised what a difficult pair we are together to eat out! Ellis is vegan, I'm allergic to nuts! But pizza express to the rescue! Had a yummy dinner then it was time to get to the gig!
Walking to the gig, I see some nice shoes on a guy, so look up to check him out, as you do, and it was only bloody Trevor!!! And the rest of the band!!!! And what did I do? Punch Ellis in the arm (sorry Ellis!), tell her who they were cause she’d missed them, probably in shock of the noises I made and the sudden arm beating! But we both chickened out and never shouted to say hi! We were both kicking ourselves all night, this is what I always do and then regret I after, because I'm so nervous meeting new people and don't have the confidence to introduce myself or start a conversation so I panicked and didn't! OMG I HATE MYSELF RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

Back to Our Last Night, I made a video of the gig, wanted to keep it fairly short and failed so its almost 11 mins long! It was all sooooo good I just couldn't cut any more down!

Thanks for reading!
Vikky


X


No comments

Post a Comment